Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Becoming an Evangelist






What kind of a world do we live in? A place where millions starve, are tortured, blamed, shamed, and beaten. A place where innocent children are horrifically killed at a place they considered a haven. Where are you Lord? Why? Why do you allow this? Nothing is too great for thee, save us from this! Your own son fell to his knees crippled with fear for his unfathomable death, begging you to save him, and your answer was.....no?
I am an optimistic person, I shield myself from the worries of this world but I must be honest when I say, there are times I feel the world's burden. I question God. I naively think that bad things happen to me because somewhere at some point I did something to deserve it. Sometimes, I have God all wrong. Sometimes, I don't understand what He is doing.   So I let The Lord hear my burdens, I lay them at His feet and ask the Holy Spirit to guide me in my grief. I can't think of one time He has not given me peace, and because if my honesty with Him my faith grows stronger.
 We know why God's answer was no to Jesus, his death saved an infinite amount of people. He saved me, my children, my children's children. His pain and suffering, his life started our eternity. I believe the first step to having a relationship with Christ, is knowing God knows better.  But if we need an explanation for all of the terrible things of this world, where does our faith lay? The Lord has told us what to do:

"So we are Christ's ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us." 2 Corinthians 5:20
 
God is making his appeal through us?

We as followers, are to do something about it! While saving the world from evil, we are to shine God's light on the way. If we are the "light if the world", how can we shine the light in darkness if we are cuddled up with all of the other lights? Go out in places of grief and despair, where God is not there. Become a prayer warrior, a servant, an evangelist. Ask The Lord to guide your steps. He's waiting for you.  When your child becomes ill, when your husband struggles, or your friend is weary, you are placed upon this earth to appeal the Lord for greater is the reward in Heaven.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is awesome. Seriously. You are right on and I am super proud of you! This really ministered to me today!