Saturday, May 5, 2012

Leaping in Faith.

Throwing my hands up in the air, and giving my life completely ( and I mean COMPLETELY) to the Lord has been no easy task. Through this long journey of FINALLY getting into our new place I've been awakened to new things. As much as I thought my hands weren't gripped with white knuckles on to my life, in some ways they were.
Growing up I moved from place to place more times than one can imagine. As soon as we would feel settled something always uprooted us. I'm not sure if I was born this way, or if it was learned but I've come to find out I don't like moving much! I find comfort in knowing I will receive a steady paycheck, and come to my home the way I left it. I don't particularly "jump" into new opportunitys with out weighing all my options, and possibly waiting much to long leaving the iron ice cold;)
Through much prayer the the Lord would provide us with stable renters, on His perfect timing we found them. Leaving us with 30 days to find a place and move. On went our search for the perfect house that would fit all our needs for the future, we were quite sure the Lord would provide down to the last detail. I had narrowed our choices down to 3 about 2 weeks before our move was to start. At the edge of the bed my hubby and I made a pro and con list in hopes we could agree on one! We came to find that our home we knew the Lord would provide was not presented to us yet. I can't even describe how upset I was in that moment.   I could "settle", as Hubby put it, on any of those homes and been perfectly happy! But the Lord has not called us wives to make these decisions ourself. He sees us as one. So if our hearts were not aligned on this home, there was no way His hand was on any of our choices at that time. What comes next? We move in with family till we find it! 4 of us living with his sisters' other large family, hard... but manageable. Would the old me have even considered that? Not a chance. My hands were woven so tightly around my life.I literally lived running from my past. Me moving in by the grace of someone else, would mean parts of my past would surface. And you know what? After I prayed and was still, in that moment I realized, it was ok for me. Because I am more fearful of living off of His perfect way, than His permissive way. So I made the choice to bite the bullet, and let the man next to me really lead this family. It just so happens (and this is not for dramas sake) that 2 short minutes after we ended our conversation about trusting the Lord in where to go, a random Facebook friend posts their home with the exact description of our needs....and $200 under our planned budget. And guess what else? It was not available until 30 days after we move out! How obvious can this be? Had I not given this completely to the Lord, without a doubt we would've been in a less than perfect home, with a far higher payment. Do I doubt for a moment the Lord didn't have His Almighty hand on this? Not for a second.




We've been in our new home about 6 weeks now. We've already started building memories...




Sweet moment with my girl on the patio, teaching signs.



My little man so proud of those Easter eggs!


Took this under the trellis in our yard before church on Easter Sunday!



Lilly helping her Daddy in the yard:)



Not a day goes by the Hubby and I don't look at each other and exhale claiming, "We LOVE this house". We find new reasons why constantly. The girl 1 year ago I sadly admit, would've stamped her foot to her husband and demanded we made a choice on our own. Because, I knew I had gotten to my place in life by making my own decisions.....in a small way I was right. But now, I know the future holds God's plan for us. I make darn well sure that in each decision the Lord has His hand on it. It gives me so much peace. The more I make the choice to listen to the Holy Spirit, the better I hear it. It becomes so much more clear. And I'm reminded of the blessings because of my leap of faith. I am filled with gratitude every day by the home He's blessed for our family.

No comments: